The most common material for making doors is pine. The price for solid wood doors is affordable for most people. In addition, they have a number of other advantages:
- eco-friendliness. Doors are made from solid wood without using any hazardous substances. They are absolutely safe for human health.
- Long term of service. The durability of the material in combination with the right care will keep the appearance of the product and prolong the time of operation.
- heat and sound insulation. Wooden doors maintain a constant temperature inside the room and protect against extraneous noise.
- Attractive appearance. The colors and shapes of wooden doors are numerous and varied. Interior doors made of wood - it is a classic option, which looks in any interior elegant and expensive.
Disadvantages of wooden doors
- The need for additional treatment. Wood is a material that requires protection from the external environment in the form of impregnation or stain.
- Care to maintain appearance. Over the years, wood interior doors will need restoration.
- Standard sizes of wooden doors. Manufacturers make doors to fit the openings of typical houses.
These three facts cannot be called serious disadvantages, but they are essential features of wooden doors.