FORES customer support
Windows, interior doors, exterior doors, gates, door furniture (cylinder mechanisms, locks, handles, door closers, sliding systems)
- size removal
- extra tasks
Rules for the transport of interior doors, exterior doors and windows
To prevent deformation, the door must be transported to a flat horizontal position, the windows in a vertical position, pre-securing them. Doors and windows must be carried carefully during manual transport to avoid damaging the sash with surrounding objects.
Storage rules for interior doors, exterior doors and windows
To prevent deformation, the door must be stored on a level surface in a horizontal position before installation, and the windows must be stored in a vertical position on a flat surface before installation. Doors and windows need to be stored under a roof or canopy. Do not store the door near heaters or in the wind, avoid direct sunlight. This can cause cracks, door deformation and uneven discoloration of the door. Store only in the original package. It is strictly forbidden to store doors in rooms where construction work has been carried out in a wet manner (wall hanging, whitewashing, plastering, puttying, leveling, etc.)
Interior door installation rules
The door is designed for installation in rooms with an air temperature of 10 to 35 ° C and a humidity of 30 to 60%. In addition, fluctuations in these parameters are not allowed. The door must be installed by qualified specialists using special tools. Before installation, it is necessary for the door to "acclimatize" to the room - a few days the door should be in the free position. It is not recommended to remove the door packaging until it is fully "acclimatised".
Rules for operation and maintenance instructions for interior and exterior doors, windows
Before installing interior doors, exterior doors and windows, check that the quality of the product is suitable and that the product is free from defects. Defective product installation is prohibited. The product must not be stacked directly on the ground or concrete, only on a durable and suitable dry surface. Resizing and cutting is not allowed. If necessary, consult a factory representative. When carrying out repairs to prevent damage to the door during finishing, it must be covered with construction cardboard or film.
Exterior doors are intended for use as exterior doors for buildings. They must be installed in such a way that they are not directly exposed to constant water and sun. They must be protected by installing them in a niche in the wall or by installing an overhang. Doors in a dark tone may bend in the intense sun (if the door leaf has a high surface temperature). Bright and dark tones become dull under the influence of intense sun. To keep the exterior door well, do not leave snow on the door for too long in winter. Doors and windows must not be installed in such a way that they can be "beaten" by the wind. Exterior doors must not be stored in cold and humid rooms.
For interior doors, it is recommended to periodically apply care products for natural wood furniture. It is allowed to clean the door surface with a damp cloth (wooden door). Rough mechanical contact with the surface of the door, as well as contact of the surface with preparations containing acid, alkali, solvents must be avoided - this can lead to defects in it and deterioration of appearance.
At least once a year, but preferably every six months, perform such maintenance / inspection work.
General condition of doors and windows:
- Visual inspection of the door and window sash and frame for damage;
- Check that no mechanism has been added / removed that may affect the functionality of the door.
- Check the handle attachments to the door leaf and their condition;
- The handle must be in a horizontal position.
- Check the functionality of the fastening screws and the lock;
- If necessary, lubricate the lock (with an oil suitable for lubricating the locks)
- Check the fastenings to the box and the door, window sash;
- If necessary, lubricate the door and window hinge pins;
- For doors with a spring-loaded hinge as a self-closing mechanism, check that it is properly tensioned - the door itself must be able to close from an angle of 30 °.
- Visual inspection - if there are any signs of defect;
- Functionality test - the door must close from any position.
Door and window sealing:
- Check the wear level for signs of damage and that it is in the original and intended position.
- Use clean water and a soft cloth to clean the surface of the doors and windows.
Unsuitable cleaning agents:
- Do not use products that contain chlorine, hydrochloric acid, bleach;
- Do not use metal sponges or other sharp and hard cleaning materials that can damage the door and window surfaces.
Care of stainless steel parts:
- Regularly clean the stainless steel parts with a stainless steel care product, apply a cloth.